Youth Drama Assistant (Capall Dorcha Ensemble)
Closing Date: 30th April
Interview Date: TBA
Proposed Start Date: 7th-12th Aug
Salary: £630.00 + Travel
Capall Dorcha Theatre Company was formed in 2015 by Barry Robertson after studying at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. Our focus is to create a base here in North Ayrshire where Theatre productions can be created and increase participation in theatre through our Educational Outreach division called ‘Ensemble’. Since starting, the company has made a significant impact in the local area with our recent social impact figures. Our ‘Ensemble’ division became the biggest youth arts participation the area has ever seen in producing yearly Professional Development Workshops and school tours focusing in North Ayrshire and Arran and since starting over 770 young people have participated in a free workshop or free week-long professional development workshop in North Ayrshire.
Our ‘Ensemble’ Mission
To provide the Ayrshire community, the opportunity to reach their creative potential through a theatre arts experience.
‘Youth Drama Assistant’ – Job Description
Responsible to: Executive Creative Producer
About the ‘Youth Drama Assistant’ Role
The ‘Youth Drama Assistant’ will support Capall Dorcha Theatre Companies Professional Development Drama, facilitators to:
- Deliver and plan workshops
- Encourage the participants attending the workshop
- Contribute to establishing a positive working environment
- Help the young people with a positive work ethos
- Support the facilitator in workshop delivery and preparation
Keys Tasks and Responsibilities
- To build on and increase arts participation in North Ayrshire through Ensemble projects.
- The ability to work flexibly in a busy and changeable organisation.
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
- Some understanding of managing theatre art classes.
- Assist the workshop facilitator with the development and implementation of Professional Development Workshops
- Be a responsible and proactive and engaged team member of the management team.
- Represent the company within the community.
- Attend all showcase and press nights and fundraising events where appropriate/necessary.
- Experience in Physical Theatre, either as a performer or facilitator.
- Located less than 50 miles away from Ardrossan.
- First Aid trained.
- PVG Registered
Terms & Conditions
Title of Post: Youth Drama Assistant
Salary: £630.00 inclusive of VAT
Hours: 30 hrs
Contract Type: Freelance
Travel: Class 2 travel will be paid towards the travel of workshop
Please send a cover letter explaining your appropriate skills and suitability or the role, along with a CV to email@example.com.